|FORWARD BACKWARD TIME DIRECTION|
The sea of possibilities
A film play in reversed time direction
This storyline is about “the” two directions of time: forward and backward.
Event A := Event Bmeans “Event A becomes Event B by means of time reversal”. In this site by “time reversed” we mean: the film of the event being played backwards. The 3 dimensional film of the event we mean, which includes all other events shown to surround it in the film. The event before the := always can exist physically with a reasonable chance of occurrence. If the reversed event after the := cannot exist or is very unlikely, the event is indicated by an arrow.
In this page and page 2 and 3 of this storyline we start out with several worked out examples and then “jump to conclusions”, some of which are reconsidered elsewhere. See the rest of the FORWARD BACKWARD TIME DIRECTION storyline, and e.g. page 2 of THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE.
1) A positive and a negative electrically charged particle of identical mass move apart from each other, slow each other down, stop at a certain maximum distance from each other, and then start to accelerate towards each other. Stop film before collision.
Precisely the same course of events. The attraction between the particles is time symmetric. No time arrow.
Attracting particles := attracting particles.
Two negative electrically charged particles of identical mass move towards each other, slow each other down, stop at a certain minimum distance from each other, and then start to accelerate away from each other. Stop film after a reasonable elapse of time.
Precisely the same course of events. The repulsion between the particles is time symmetric. No time arrow.
Repelling particles := repelling particles.
2) Start with a well-mixed cloud of positive and negative electric charges in even amounts, the charges otherwise being equal. The remnant electric force shows always attracting behavior, the charges in the cloud to each other as well as the cloud as a whole to positive and negative charges outside.
See the storyline NETFORCE IN REAL MATTER, page 1.
Attracting remnant force := attractive remnant force.
3) 1 and 2: Above the earthís surface a ball starts to fall under the force of gravity. It falls faster and still faster. When time is reversed the ball starts with upward speed, but then goes slower and slower as if an attractive force slows it down.
3: Track ideal bouncing ball on the moon remains bound to the moonís surface, in forward time as well in reversed time version.
4: Orbiting := orbiting
1 := 2 := 3 := 4 :=
Attracting gravity := attractive gravity. No time arrow apparent.
4) Centrifugal force := centrifugal force. No time arrow.
5) The coupling, keystone of particle physics, remains a coupling when reversed in time. No time arrow.
:= , photon := photon (spin swaps)
Time reversal causes the gluon colors to exchange, and absorption instead of emission changes it back again. This is in what we call the colorshift approach, which is in fact accepted QCD. However, the colorshift is abandoned now. The colors of the quarks and gluons are replaced by quaternions like i = and -i = , see page 1 of the QQD storyline. At page 4 of that storyline is concluded the time reversing sign “:=” turns out to be the factor -1.
NEXT PAGE Up CONTACT